New Student Enrollment
Thank you for choosing Red Oak ISD
With the top ranked district and high school in Ellis County by k12.niche.com, Red Oak ISD is attracting new families. While the district does not have an open enrollment policy, there are clearly defined avenues for students to join our Hawk Family! Some are state-mandated and others are locally defined. Visit Methods of Enrollment for more information. Choosing your child's school is an important and personal decision. If you would like to visit with the campus administration or tour a campus, please call or visit your residentially zoned school.
Red Oak ISD has changed its enrollment policy while ROISD buildings are closed.
Centralized Enrollment (effective March 23, 2020, until further notice)
- Centralized Student Enrollment and Withdrawal began Monday, March 23, 2020, and will continue while ROISD campuses are closed.
- The processing of new online applications (NSOE) for this current school year will be handled by the District PEIMS Coordinator.
- All enrollment documentation is still required before an application can be approved and should be uploaded and/or attached in the New Student Online Enrollment Portal.
- Once our campuses have re-opened, the campus registrars will resume enrollment as usual and request the uploaded documentation be presented in person to the campus.
- Questions can be emailed to the following addresses: Amy.Linex@redoakisd.org or Karen.Prachyl@redoakisd.org
Online Enrollment Process
- Only students who are legal residents of Red Oak ISD and between the ages of 5-21 (as of September 1st) are eligible for enrollment into ROISD.
- Complete the Online New Student Registration process. Choose your option below.
OPTION 1: NEW ROISD FAMILY
- Use this option when your family is NEW to the District and does not have a Family Access login.
- Request a login account using a valid email address. You may obtain a free email account through services such as Yahoo, Google or Hotmail.
- Your login and password will be sent to this email address.
- Use the link in the email to log in and begin the process.
- To request a login account, go to the Skyward New Student Enrollment site.
OPTION 2: EXISTING FAMILY ACCESS USER (previous student moving back to district)
- Log into to Skyward Family Access
- Select New Student Online Enrollment
DOCUMENTS TO BRING TO CAMPUS (also upload into online portal if able to)
- Parent’s Driver’s License or Texas ID Card
- Student’s Proof of Identity
- Immunization/Vaccination Record
- Proof of Residency (ROISD defines current documentation as anything within the last 30 calendar days.)
- Current water, electricity, or gas bill (no telephone bills) indicating address and the parent/guardian's name
- The most recent tax receipt indicating home ownership
- A current lease or rental agreement
- Other timely documents that indicate location of residence, as approved by the campus principal
- A copy of parent or legal guardian's current Texas Driver's License or Government issued ID. The name and address on current Driver's License or Government ID must match the name and address on the proof of residency presented.
ROISD Board Policy FD (LEGAL)
When accepting a child for enrollment, a district shall inform the parent or other person enrolling the child that presenting a false document or false records in connection with enrollment is a criminal offense under Penal Code 37.10 (Tampering with Governmental Records) and that enrolling the child under false documents makes the person liable for tuition or other costs as provided below. Education Code 25.002(d)
In addition to the penalty under Penal Code 37.10, a person who knowingly falsifies information on a form required for a student’s enrollment in a district is liable to the district if the student is not eligible for enrollment, but is enrolled on the basis of false information. For the period during which the ineligible student is enrolled, the person is liable for the maximum tuition fee a district may charge [see FDA] or the amount a district has budgeted per student as maintenance and operating expense, whichever is greater. Education Code 25.001(h)
A district may include on its enrollment form notice of the legal penalties and liability for falsifying information on the form. Education Code 25.001(i)
Eligibility requirements for Pre-K is set forth by the State of Texas.
This is the Criteria from the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook for PK:
Children must be four years of age on September 1 of the current school year (September 1, 2019) and must meet one of the following requirements:
- be unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- be educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program [NSLP];
- be homeless; or
- be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- have ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas DFPS (foster care) following an adversary hearing.
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award such as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; or
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
If a four year old child does not meet any of the above criteria, the only exception to the eligibility requirements is if the four year old was eligible and was served at age three during the previous year in a previous district's three year old Pre-Kindergarten program. The three year old Pre-K qualifying documentation must be provided from the previous school district upon enrollment.
Where will my child attend school?
Assignment to a campus is dependent on program schedule and availability. Pre-K campus assignments may not correspond with elementary school attendance zone boundaries. Families will be notified in August of their student’s campus and time.
How do I register?
Follow the instructions above for new student enrollment. After finishing the online process, go to any elementary campus to complete enrollment verification. Be sure to bring originals of the required documents.
For more information about the Pre-Kindergarten program, visit the Curriculum:Pre-Kindergarten website.