Online enrollment is open!
Any child who resides in Red Oak ISD and will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020.
Where will my child attend school?
The School Zone Locator tool allows Red Oak ISD residents to type in their physical address to see exactly what elementary they are residentially zoned to attend. The tool also allows you to zoom into a neighborhood and click on a specific lot to find the same information. If an address is entered outside of Red Oak ISD boundary lines, the system will not indicate a zoned campus.
How do I register and what do I need?
New Student Online Enrollment (NSOE) for 2020-2021 school year will open for all new students PK-12th grade beginning May 4. Be sure to choose the correct school year: 2020-2021 and NOT 2019-2020.
Online Enrollment Process
- Only students who are legal residents of Red Oak ISD and between the ages of 5-21 (as of September 1st) are eligible for enrollment into ROISD.
- Complete the Online New Student Registration process.
- Choose your option below.
- Uploaded enrollment and/or eligibility documentation must be presented for verification in person, on campus, at a later date. Dates and times will be provided as soon as they are available.
OPTION 1: NEW ROISD FAMILY
- Use this option when your family is NEW to the District and does not have a Family Access login.
- Request a login account using a valid email address. You may obtain a free email account through services such as Yahoo, Google or Hotmail.
- Your login and password will be sent to this email address.
- Use the link in the email to log in and begin the process.
- To request a login account, go to the Skyward New Student Enrollment site.
OPTION 2: EXISTING FAMILY ACCESS USER (previous student moving back to district)
- Log into to Skyward Family Access
- Select New Student Online Enrollment
Documents to Bring to Campus at a Later Date (or if able, upload into online portal)
- Parent’s Driver’s License or Texas ID Card
- Student’s Proof of Identity
- Immunization/Vaccination Record
- Proof of Residency - Two Required (effective September 22, 2020)
- Proof of Residency #1
- Mortgage statement or current lease/rental agreement, OR
- Tax Appraisal Statement which is the most recent tax receipt indicating home ownership, OR
- Other timely documents that indicate the location of residence as approved by the campus principal
- Proof of Residency #2
- Current water, electricity, or gas bill (no telephone bills) indicating the address and the parent/guardian's name (ROISD defines "current" as anything within the last 30 calendar days).
In addition, a legal contract to purchase or build a home within the District shall be accepted as proof of residency. The family has 90 days from the date of enrollment (1st day student attends school) until closing date. If the family does not meet the 90-day criteria, the student shall be withdrawn and/or shall enroll in residing district.
Texting Documents to An Email Address
Don’t have the requested documents for enrollment or registration at the time the application is submitted?
After submission of the application, take a clear picture of the requested documents and text the picture of the documents to an email address.
- Instructions for Texting Documents to an Email Address
ROISD Board Policy FD (LEGAL)
When accepting a child for enrollment, a district shall inform the parent or other person enrolling the child that presenting a false document or false records in connection with enrollment is a criminal offense under Penal Code 37.10 (Tampering with Governmental Records) and that enrolling the child under false documents makes the person liable for tuition or other costs as provided below. Education Code 25.002(d)
In addition to the penalty under Penal Code 37.10, a person who knowingly falsifies information on a form required for a student’s enrollment in a district is liable to the district if the student is not eligible for enrollment, but is enrolled on the basis of false information. For the period during which the ineligible student is enrolled, the person is liable for the maximum tuition fee a district may charge [see FDA] or the amount a district has budgeted per student as maintenance and operating expense, whichever is greater. Education Code 25.001(h). A district may include on its enrollment form notice of the legal penalties and liability for falsifying information on the form. Education Code 25.001(i)
The District will investigate and pursue appropriate action for individuals who do not meet the District’s residency criteria and/or falsify residency documentation.
- Proof of Residency #1