Flight Plan 2028
Flight Plan 2028 is a five-year strategic plan that reflects on feedback and priorities that were identified through community feedback, steering committee meetings, community meetings, strategic planning questionnaires, in-depth interviews, and school board insights. This Flight Plan 2028 will ensure that Red Oak ISD will continue to move forward as a strong school district and be prepared to face the challenges and opportunities ahead. The plan is the second five-year plan following Flight Plan 2023.
The launch of Flight Plan 2028 will continue to guide the visionary pursuits of Realizing Our Individual Students Dreams (ROISD) and the pervasive implementation of the daily mission of the 4 Talons: *Prepared *GRIT * Character * Service. After several months of meeting and gathering input, the strategic plan includes the vision, mission as well as a roadmap for them, to build on the strengths and future potential of Red Oak ISD.
The Flight Plan 2028 is a significant step in continuing to ensure that the district and all its stakeholders are moving forward together to make Red Oak ISD one of the best in the State and Nation when it comes to serving our communities, impacting our students, helping our teachers be their best and using growth to enhance the collective experience for all.
The School Board approved the committee goals in the spring of 2023 and received a more detailed update of department action steps in the summer of 2023.
Philosophical Statement: Develop critical thinkers that will transcend college and career goals by excelling in the 4 Talons.
- 1.1 Develop students who are college, career, and military ready that possess the academic skills for post-secondary success.
- 1.2 Equip students to be well-rounded with interpersonal skills to manage day-to-day challenges.
- 1.3 Engage students in meaningful learning that includes a variety of instructional strategies.
2. Human Resources
Philosophical Statement: Intentional progress to hire and retain high-quality staff to ensure best learning.
- 2.1 Attract, engage, and retain top talent through competitive compensation packages.
- 2.2 Foster a supportive and inclusive work environment through differentiated strategies that promotes employee retention.
- 2.3 Develop innovative and targeted recruitment practices that meet the diverse District needs of all employees.
Philosophical Statement: Maintain fiscal stewardship and accountability to ensure financial stability and transparency.
- 3.1 Ensure fiscal accountability and responsibility of resources to support the District’s mission.
- 3.2 Ensure fiscal integrity by creating and maintaining a sufficient operating budget for the everyday operations of the District.
- 3.3 Educate stakeholders about the public education financial system and the funding of Red Oak ISD through regular and transparent communication.
4. Growth, Facilities, Security
Philosophical Statement: Prioritize and allocate resources to ensure safety and security and appropriate facilities.
- 4.1 Provide facilities to accommodate current and future growth across the District.
- 4.2 Ensure District facilities meet or exceed safety and security standards for physical requirements, technology systems, and implementation of procedures and protocols.
- 4.3 Attempt to have facilities meet or exceed minimum standards for all programs to provide opportunities for student participation.
Philosophical Statement: Ensure District is connected to the community in partnerships to further student success while communicating transparently and effectively.
- 5.1 Prioritize and enhance parent and teacher communications.
- 5.2 Provide opportunities to foster positive relationships between students, parents, schools and staff, and the community.