Community Partner Academy
The Red Oak ISD Community Partner Academy is open to Red Oak ISD citizens and/or Red Oak area business owners that want to build their understanding of the school district, including the processes that operate within. The program will consist of six half-day sessions from October to April. These sessions will include campus and district facilities tours and opportunities to visit school board members, administrators, and staff.
Graduates from this academy will have an informed perspective on district operations and processes.
- Participants will learn about the Board of Trustees’ role in making Red Oak ISD fiscally and academically exceptional.
- Participants will learn about district operations and the impact on the education of students.
- Participants will learn about programs and curricula chosen to support students academically.
- The application will be made available online via the district website. The application window opens in late August/early September.
- The Program Coordinator will solicit names of prospects from campus principals based on previous involvement and support of the district.
- A committee will be formed that will review the applications and determine those eligible to participate. The goal would be 20 individuals for the fifth year of the program.
Session Dates for the 2023-2024 School Year:
- October 25, 2023
- November 29, 2023
- January 17, 2024
- February 21, 2024
- March 20, 2024
- April 24, 2024
Congratulations to the CPA Class of 2023: Charvett Conner, Lasonya Holyfield, Mariana Mergerson Sharpe, Raquel Moore, and Toshia Silva-Reyes. Not pictured: Alejandra Pena, Kiara Daniels, and Kally Roberts also completed the academy.
Congratulations to the CPA Class of 2022:
Alexa Beasley, Olivia Coleman, Crystal Doshier, Jason Gibbs, Regina Graham, Hanson Inyang, Elsa Ozuna, Melanie Stewart, and Tally Ward.
If accepted to participate in this year’s Academy, there is a $50.00 participation fee to cover program supplies.
Scholarships are available upon request. (See the last question on the application.)
If you have any questions about this program or application, please contact
Email Karen Anderson (Karen.email@example.com)
Which Red Oak ISD Community Program is right for me?
The Red Oak ISD Community Partnership Academy is open to Red Oak ISD citizens and/or Red Oak area business owners that want to build their understanding of the school district, including the processes that operate within. Graduates from this academy will have an informed perspective on district operations and processes.
- Six half-day sessions - Sessions run from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon and include lunch.
- Sessions include tours of campus and district facilities.
- Participants will have the opportunity to visit with administrators and staff at both the campus and district levels.
- Participants will visit with School Board members to learn about the Board’s responsibilities.
- Participants will learn about district operations and the impact thereof on the education of students as well as programs and curriculum that are chosen to support students academically.
- Application process
- Cost - $50.00 (scholarships available)
The Red Oak ISD Community Advisory Council is a group of approximately 40 district parents, business leaders, realtors, clergy, elected officials, community members, and district staff who are a sounding board for the Superintendent and cabinet on district decisions and offer insight into community perceptions.
- 8-10 evening meetings a year
- The ROCAC is strictly advisory.
- Matters that come before the Council include the district’s budget, the school calendar, plans for new developments, and any new educational programs and initiatives.
- The Superintendent regularly consults with the Council regarding matters about curriculum, new programs and initiatives, and progress toward achieving educational goals.
- Application process
- Cost – FREE!