Community Partner Academy
The Red Oak ISD Community Partner Academy is open to Red Oak ISD citizens and/or Red Oak area business owners that want to build their understanding of the school district, including the processes that operate within. The program will consist of five half-day sessions from January to May. These sessions will include tours of campus and district facilities and opportunities to visit with school board members, administrators, and staff. Each session will begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude by 1:00 p.m.
Graduates from this academy will have an informed perspective on district operations and processes.
- Participants will learn about the Board of Trustees’ role in making Red Oak ISD fiscally and academically exceptional.
- Participants will learn about district operations and the impact thereof on the education of students.
- Participants will learn about programs and curriculum that are chosen to support students academically.
The application is available online. (Go to Online Application site)
The program coordinator will solicit names of prospects from campus principals based on previous involvement and support of the district.
A committee will be formed that will review the applications and determine those eligible to participate. The goal would be 20 individuals for the program.
Other opportunities will be made available to those not chosen to participate.
Session Dates for the 2021-2022 School Year:
- January 27, 2022
- February 16, 2022
- March 9, 2022
- April 20, 2022
- May 11, 2022
Congratulations to the CPA Class of 2022:
Alexa Beasley, Olivia Coleman, Crystal Doshier, Jason Gibbs, Regina Graham, Hanson Inyang, Elsa Ozuna, Melanie Stewart, and Tally Ward.
If you have any questions about this program or application, please contact
Email Karen Anderson (Karen.email@example.com)
Which Red Oak ISD Community Program is right for me?
The Red Oak ISD Community Partnership Academy is open to Red Oak ISD citizens and/or Red Oak area business owners that want to build their understanding of the school district, including the processes that operate within. Graduates from this academy will have an informed perspective on district operations and processes.
- Six half-day sessions - Sessions run from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon and include lunch.
- Sessions include tours of campus and district facilities.
- Participants will have the opportunity to visit with administrators and staff at both the campus and district levels.
- Participants will visit with School Board members to learn about the Board’s responsibilities.
- Participants will learn about district operations and the impact thereof on the education of students as well as programs and curriculum that are chosen to support students academically.
- Application process
- Cost - $50.00 (scholarships available)
The Red Oak ISD Community Advisory Council is a group of approximately 45-50 district parents, business leaders, realtors, clergy, elected officials, community members, and district staff who are a sounding board for the Superintendent and cabinet on district decisions and offer insight into community perceptions.
- 10 evening meetings a year
- The ROCAC is strictly advisory.
- Matters that come before the Council include the district’s budget, the school calendar, plans for new developments, and any new educational programs and initiatives.
- The Superintendent regularly consults with the Council regarding matters about curriculum, new programs and initiatives, and progress toward achieving educational goals.
- Application process
- Cost – FREE!