Community Partner Academy
The Red Oak ISD Community Partner Academy is open to Red Oak ISD citizens and/or Red Oak area business owners that want to build their understanding of the school district, including the processes that operate within. The program will consist of six half day sessions from November to April. These sessions will include tours of campus and district facilities and opportunities to visit with school board members, administrators and staff. Each session will begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude by 1:00 p.m.
Graduates from this academy will have an informed perspective on district operations and processes.
- Participants will learn about the Board of Trustee’s role in making Red Oak ISD fiscally and academically exceptional.
- Participants will learn about district operations and the impact thereof on the education of students.
- Participants will learn about programs and curriculum that are chosen to support students academically.
Session Dates for the 2018-2019 School Year:
- November 7, 2018
- December 5, 2018
- January 16, 2019
- February 6, 2019
- March 6, 2019
- April 3, 2019
- Use the Online Application for Community Partner Academy to sign up for consideration. Deadline to submit the Application for Consideration is Tuesday, October 9, 2018.
- Program Coordinator will solicit names of prospects from campus principals based on previous involvement and support of the district.
- A committee will be formed that will review the applications and determine those eligible to participate. The goal would be 20 individuals for the first year of the program.
- Other opportunities will be made available to those not chosen to participate.
If accepted to participate in this year’s Academy, there is a $50.00 participation fee to cover program supplies. Scholarships are available upon request. (See last question on application)
If you have any questions about this program or application, please contact
Email Karen Anderson (Karen.email@example.com) .