Updated beginning August 18, 2021
Red Oak ISD is committed to transparency and providing families and the community with current data regarding COVID cases. The district will be posting the numbers of lab-confirmed positive COVID-19 cases, on a daily basis.
For the 2021-2022 School Year, we are 'contact tracing' elementary students due to their inability to receive the vaccine at this time. This provides parents with the information necessary to make an informed decision whether to quarantine their child or have them return to school. We will include ALL ROISD student or staff member cases regardless of exposure or possible contraction location. Cases will also be communicated via email directly to the employees and parents of affected campuses.
We continue to follow all guidelines that prioritize public health and protect our students and staff to the greatest extent possible. We remind all students, staff, parents and the community that together we can reduce the number of active cases by practicing social distancing, wearing a mask, and frequently washing our hands. Please stay home if you are sick or have any symptoms, have been exposed to someone with COVID (or someone with multiple symptoms and they are being tested), or if you are awaiting test results.
Any positive case is excluded from all campuses and must follow health department isolation guidelines. Return criteria are outlined on the Return2Learn webpage and given to each individual sent home.
Together we can keep each other safe.
Campus/Facility Number of Students Number of Staff * Active Cases % of Campus Population Recovered Cases Eastridge Elementary 481 58 0 0 97 Red Oak Elementary 544 72 0 0 110 Schupmann Elementary 611 71 0 0 113 Shields Elementary 563 65 0 0 111 Wooden Elementary 505 67 1 .17 130 Red Oak Middle School 1577 146 1 .06 342 Red Oak High School 2034 226 3 .13 433 ROISD ESC/Other Facilities ** 210 0 0 66 TOTALS*** 6315 915 5 .07 1402
*Number includes all staff assigned to that campus, including cafeteria staff, custodians, paraprofessionals, teachers, and administrators.
**Includes maintenance, transportation, custodial, PD, LHLC, non-campus, and non-ESC assigned staff.
Student/staff counts as of Nov. 1, 2021
The COVID-19 Dashboard will be updated at the end of each school day by 6:00 p.m.
BEGINNING NOVEMBER 1, 2021
COVID Protocols – Color-Coded System
The COVID Dashboard will be updated with a color block for each campus and the district as a whole. In addition, color cards will be posted on the main doors at each campus with the protocols below.
RED – 10% or more of a campus or district count with COVID positive cases
- Virtual/online learning or possible closure
ORANGE – 6% or more of a campus or district count with COVID positive cases
- No parent/visitors allowed
- No indoor group gatherings or assemblies
- Masks highly recommended
- Social distancing enhanced as feasible
YELLOW – 2% or more of a campus or district count with COVID positive cases
- Parents/visitors by appointment only
- Masks recommended
- Outdoor events preferred; indoor events must be below 50% capacity
GREEN – less than 2% of a campus or district count with COVID positive cases
- Masks optional
- Events and assemblies allowed indoor or outdoor, indoor may have capacity limitations – this includes fine arts performances being open to parent/visitor attendance especially evening performances.
- Resume normal parent/visitor campus access (classroom visits by appt., lunch visits allowed; campuses may have a certain section for this)
- Classroom parties may have 1-2 parent volunteers; limited for social distancing. Food items for parties should continue to be individually packaged or served by adults.
- Signage on the door of building entrance and by sign-in sheet – indicating parent/visitor responsibilities and the color-coded sheet with guidance.
Campus/district color will be noted on the dashboard online starting Nov. 1, 2021
Contact tracing will continue for staff and students at the elementary schools, however, we WILL NOT contact trace parents or visitors.