- Red Oak Independent School District
- Back to School Information
Back to School Information
The first day of school is Monday, August 15, 2022.
On this page, you can find enrollment information for new and returning students, school supply lists, dress code menu, important back-to-school dates, & other helpful links related to the 2022-2023 school year. We are looking forward to another great year at ROISD! If you have any questions, please contact your child's school or ROISD Administration at 972-617-2941.
See the tabs below for Back to School Information for the 2022-23 School Year.
Download printable 2022-23 Back to School Information.
The Hawk Headliner is now available ONLINE and a printed version will be sent to area homes!
We will be sending a link to all parents so they can download a copy for home!
It contains information for getting ready for the 2022-2023 school year — school calendar, supply lists, campus lists, immunization requirements, advanced academic information, fall sports schedules, and much more.
Click the icon below to preview a copy of the 2022-2023 Hawk Headliner.
RED OAK ISD ADMINISTRATION
109 W. Red Oak Road, Red Oak, TX 75154
Brenda Sanford, Superintendent – email@example.com
- Brenda Sanford, Superintendent
- Kevin Freels, Assistant Superintendent of District Operations
- Dr. Bill Johnston, Assistant Superintendent of Business Services/CFO
- Michelle Ailara, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
- Melissa Sulak, Executive Director of Curriculum & Instruction
- Beth Trimble, Executive Director of Communications
- District Website: Visit the Website for up-to-date calendars, activities, and information. Plus, sign up online for the ROISD App and receive emails about school and district activities, check menus, transportation routes, and more.
- Facebook: /redoakisd
- Instagram: /redoakisd
- YouTube: ROISDHawks
- Twitter: ROISD @redoakisd ROISD Athletics @roisdathletics
First day of school is Monday, August 15th.
INCLEMENT WEATHER / EMERGENCY ALERTS
In the event of inclement weather, Red Oak ISD officials will notify the media by 6 a.m. of the day in question. In addition, the district utilizes a parent alert system to contact all Red Oak ISD families as well as the district App and website, social media, and local media. The first bell rings at the time listed; the tardy bell rings five minutes later.
Red Oak ISD has a dress code for all grades and all campuses. In general, students may wear collared, polo-style, button-up, or T-shirts in any color, print, pattern, or graphic. Bottoms must be jeans, slacks, capris, or cargo-style pants or shorts in any color. Clothing cannot be ripped, torn, or unhemmed, nor can it contain inappropriate words or graphics. For safety purposes, student and staff IDs must be visible at all times and backpacks must be clear. For complete details, see the district website.
STUDENT ATHLETICS and EXTRA-CURRICULARS
Seventh- through twelfth-graders are eligible to participate in University Interscholastic League (UIL) competitive athletics.
ALL student-athletes, fine arts, and other UIL competitors must have a new (2022-23) physical form, the medical history portion of the UIL physical completed, parental acknowledgment form, and emergency information on file BEFORE the first practice.
Drug Testing for 2022-23
All students in extra-curricular activities must have the parental consent form on file BEFORE participating in any extra-curricular activity. Random drug testing of all active extra-curricular students will be conducted during the year per Board Policy.
Transportation is available for students living two (2) or more miles from their home schools. For more information, visit the Transportation website at www.redoakisd.org and, if needed, complete the online transportation request forms. For additional information, contact the ROISD Transportation Department.
AFTER THE BELL
Red Oak ISD offers an after-school program called After the Bell for students in grades K-5 at each elementary school from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m. For program rates and details visit www.redoakisd.org or contact your school for availability and registration.
Red Oak ISD Back to School BASH – Saturday, August 6 from 8:30-11:30 a.m.
Red Oak High School. FREE immunizations and health screenings, plus a limited supply of clear backpacks and school supplies for Red Oak ISD students (must be currently enrolled). Returning students can complete the online registration to receive a fast pass to the event. Assistance is available for those needing to enroll (new) or register a returning student.
Plus over 100 district and community vendors – buy your spirit shirts and sweatshirts, fun games and activities for the whole family, sample student nutrition food, and support the Mighty Hawk Band with food purchases!
Meet the Teacher - All Elementary Schools
Thursday, August 11, 2022, 6-7 p.m. at each campus
During this time, you will be able to meet your child’s teacher and drop off their school supplies (lists available online).
Events and schedules for Secondary Schools
Schedules and/or class assignments for 2022-23 will not be released for your child until the online registration process is complete, including the two (2) Proof of Residency documentation.
Red Oak Middle School
- Talon Camp for 6th Grade Students (and 7/8 students new to ROISD)
Friday, August 5 (Pick one, RSVP link send to families in July)
- AM SESSION - 8 -11:30 a.m.
- PM SESSION – 12:30-4 p.m.
- Schedule Pickup (all grades)
Wednesday, August 10, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Thursday, August 11, 4 to 8 p.m.
Staff will be on hand to assist with registration and accept documentation.
- ROMS 101 (6th Grade Families) - 6-8 p.m.
Tuesday, August 23 at ROMS campus
- ROMS 101 (7th Grade Families) - 6-8 p.m.
Thursday, August 25 at ROMS campus
- ROMS 101 (8th Grade Families) - 6-8 p.m.
Monday, August 29 at ROMS campus
ROHS Schedule Pickup
Students MUST have a photo ID taken and the ID picked up BEFORE the schedule is released. IDs are worn and visible on the 1st day of school.
- Hawk Freshman (9th graders) Camp & Schedule Pickup
Tuesday, August 9
- Last Name A-M 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Last Name N-Z 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- ROHS Schedule Pickup (Grades 10-12)
Wednesday, August 10, 8 a.m. to noon; 2 - 6 p.m.(Makeup Day – Thursday, August 11 - 8 a.m. to noon; 2 - 6 p.m.)
Meet the Hawks – Monday, August 22 at Goodloe Stadium
Come and meet the 2022-23 Hawks Fall Sports Teams, buy your Hawks spirit wear, and enjoy some fun!
- Talon Camp for 6th Grade Students (and 7/8 students new to ROISD)
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS (PreK-5 grades)
- 725 E. Ovilla Road, Red Oak, Texas 75154
- Principal: Rachel Rector
Red Oak Elementary
- 200 Valley Ridge Drive, Red Oak, Texas, 75154
- Principal: Merilee Stone
Russell P. Schupmann Elementary
- 401 E. Ovilla Road, Glenn Heights, Texas 75154
- Principal: Ashley Jackson
Donald T. Shields Elementary
- 223 W. Ovilla Road, Glenn Heights, Texas, 75154
- Principal: Allyson Bell
H.A. Wooden Elementary
- 200 Louise Ritter Blvd., Red Oak, Texas, 75154
- Principal: Jessica Trezza
MIDDLE SCHOOL (6-8th grades)
- Red Oak Middle School
- 154 Louise Ritter Blvd. Red Oak, Texas, 75154
- Principal: Rob Waller
HIGH SCHOOLS (9-12th grades)
- Red Oak High School
- 220 South SH 342, Red Oak, Texas, 75154
- Principal: Howard Gatewood
PROOF OF RESIDENCY
ALL RETURNING AND NEW STUDENTS must provide two (2) Proof of Residency documents as part of the New Student Enrollment or Returning Student Registration process. ROISD defines current documentation as anything within the last 30 calendar days. The parent or legal guardian must present two (2) Proof of Residency documents in the Attendance Zone of the school where they are seeking enrollment/registration in the form of one or more of the following:
- Current water, electricity, or gas bill (no telephone bills) indicating the address and the parent/guardian's name;
- The most recent tax receipt indicating home ownership;
- A current lease or rental agreement;
- Other timely documents that indicate location of residence, as approved by the campus principal;
- A copy of parent or legal guardian's current Texas Driver's License or Government issued ID. The name and address on current Driver's License or Government ID must match the name and address on the proof of residency presented.
New Student Enrollment (all grades)
Enrollment for students NEW to Red Oak ISD.
- Only students who are legal residents of Red Oak ISD and between the ages of 5-21 (as of September 1) are eligible for enrollment into ROISD.
- Complete the New Student Online Enrollment process.
- Contact the zoned campus to bring enrollment documents.
- Bring your documentation to the campus at a scheduled time or before start date. (Documents must be brought to the campus for review before online application will be approved.)
- DOCUMENTS TO BRING TO CAMPUS (upload into online portal if able to)
- Parent’s Driver’s License or Texas ID Card
- Student’s Proof of Identity
- Immunization/Vaccination Record
- Two (2) Proofs of Residency (ROISD defines current documentation as anything within the last 30 calendar days.)
- Current Electric, Gas or Water Bill
- Current Rental or Lease Agreement
- Most recent Tax Receipt
Children must be four years of age as of September 1 of the current school year and must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Be educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program [NSLP];
- Be homeless;
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Have ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas DFPS (foster care) following an adversary hearing,
- Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award such as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; or
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
The ROISD School Board meets at 7 p.m. on the third Monday of each month (unless otherwise posted) at the ROISD Education Service Center, 109 W. Red Oak Road.
ROISD School Board
- President - John Anderson, Place 3
- Vice President - Melanie Petersen, Place 7
- Secretary - Brian Sebring, Place 2
- Donna Knight, Place 1
- Johnny Knight, Place 4
- Penny Story, Place 5
- Michelle Porter, Place 6
BOARD MEETING DATES
Meetings start at 7 p.m. in the Board Room, 109 W. Red Oak Rd., Red Oak, TX
- Thursday, August 18
- Monday, September 19
- Monday, October 17
- Monday, November 14
- Monday, December 19
- Monday, January 23
- Monday, February 27
- Monday, March 27
- Monday, April 17
- Monday, May 15
- Monday, June 19
- Monday, July 24
Elementary Schools, Pre-K to 5th - 7:20 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Red Oak Middle School, 6th to 8th - 7:55 a.m. - 3:40 p.m.
Red Oak High School, 9th to 12th - 8:20 a.m. - 4:05 p.m.
SIX WEEKS SCHEDULE
- 1st six weeks — Aug. 15 - Sept. 23
- 2nd six weeks — Sept. 26 - Nov. 4
- 3rd six weeks — Nov. 7 - Dec. 21
- 4th six weeks — Jan. 9 - Feb. 24
- 5th six weeks — Feb. 27 - April 14
- 6th six weeks — April 17 - May 24
IMPORTANT SCHOOL DATES
- First Day of School - Aug. 15
- Labor Day Holiday - Sept. 5
- Early Release/Staff Development Day - Sept. 16
- State Fair Day - Oct. 3
- Early Release (Homecoming) - Oct. 14
- Early Release/Staff Development Day - Oct. 20
- Parent-Teacher Conferences (no school) - Oct. 21
- Staff Development (no school) - Nov. 18
- Thanksgiving Break - Nov. 21-25
- End of First Semester - Dec. 21
- Winter Break - Dec. 22-Jan. 4
Staff Development (no school) - Jan. 5-6
- Start of Second Semester - Jan. 9
- MLK Holiday - Jan. 16
- Presidents’ Day Holiday - Feb. 20
- Spring Break - March 13-25
- Good Friday Holiday, Break - April 7, 10
- Last Day of School - May 24
- Staff Development (no school) - May 25-26
- Memorial Day Holiday - May 29
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH INFORMATION
Red Oak ISD provides nutritious breakfast and lunches through the federal meal program for all students (Grades PreK-12). Menus are available at each school and online.
STUDENT MEAL PRICES:
- Breakfast – Elementary and Middle School $1.30; High School $1.50
- Lunch - Elementary $2.80; Middle School $2.90; High School $3.00
STAFF AND VISITOR MEAL PRICES:
- Breakfast – $1.80; Lunch - $3.25
The free universal program ended this past school year. Applications for free or reduced meal prices for the 2022-23 school year open July 22, 2022.
We are switching student meal account platforms to School Café! Parents can now apply for free or reduced meals, check student balances, view menus, and add/transfer funds to their student’s account – all in one easy login. Visit www.schoolcafe.com/REDOAKISD to sign up. For additional information, call the Student Nutrition Department at 972-617-2941.