Winter Break Protocols
Red Oak ISD will be closed Monday, December 21, 2020, through Friday, January 1, 2021, for Winter Break. In addition, students will be off on Friday, December 18, and Monday, January 4 for Staff Development Days. Students will return on Tuesday, January 5, 2021.
Red Oak ISD follows the travel recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). To learn more about travel requirements during your break, visit: CDC Website: After Travel Precautions
Positive COVID-19 Case Reporting
During the break (Dec. 18 through Jan. 4), all ROISD staff and students who test positive for COVID-19 will need to report on the appropriate questionnaire on the ROISD website. Red Oak ISD will update the Dashboard in January for any staff and student reportable cases over the break.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 during winter break and are still in isolation or quarantine, DO NOT return to school on Tuesday, January 5.
- What to do if you test positive for COVID-19 over the break:
- Report your positive case on the appropriate questionnaire below:
- Email your campus principal and school nurse, notifying them of your lab-positive case.
- Do not return to school on Tuesday, January 5 unless you have passed the 10-days of isolation.
- What to do if you have COVID-19 symptoms and will not be returning on January 5:
- Email your campus principal and school nurse notifying them that you have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Do not return to school on Tuesday, January 5, and contact your physician.
Extracurricular Participation During Break
There are a number of extracurricular activities that are scheduled during winter break. For students who participate in extracurricular activities, please notify your coach or director and stay at home if you have COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive.
Health Screening & Case/Symptom Reminders
For staff returning on Monday, January 4:
- Follow the Return to Work protocols for temperature checks and health screening.
- All staff returning to work MUST be COVID and symptom-free with no close contacts in the past 14 days.
For students returning Tuesday, January 5:
- Follow the Return to Learn protocols for temperature checks and health screening.
- All students returning to school in-person MUST be COVID and symptom-free with no close contacts in the past 14 days.
Mitigating COVID-19 Risk during Winter Break (ADA/text version)