New Student Enrollment
Thank you for choosing Red Oak ISD
With a top-ranked district and high school in Ellis County by k12.niche.com, Red Oak ISD is attracting new families. While the district does not have an open enrollment policy, there are clearly defined avenues for students to join our Hawk Family! Some are state-mandated and others are locally defined. Visit Methods of Enrollment for more information. Choosing your child's school is an important and personal decision. If you would like to visit with the campus administration or tour a campus, please call or visit your residentially zoned school.
Online Enrollment Process
- Only students who are legal residents of Red Oak ISD and between the ages of 5-21 (as of September 1st) are eligible for enrollment into ROISD.
- Complete the Online New Student Registration process.
- Choose your option below.
OPTION 1: NEW ROISD FAMILY
- Use this option when your family is NEW to the District and does not have a Family Access login.
- Request a login account using a valid email address. You may obtain a free email account through services such as Yahoo, Google or Hotmail.
- Your login and password will be sent to this email address.
- Use the link in the email to log in and begin the process.
- To request a login account, go to the Skyward New Student Enrollment site.
OPTION 2: EXISTING FAMILY ACCESS USER (a previous student moving back to district)
- Log into to Skyward Family Access
- Select New Student Online Enrollment
DOCUMENTS TO BRING TO CAMPUS (or if able, upload into the online portal)
- Parent’s Driver’s License or Texas ID Card
- Student’s Proof of Identity
- Immunization/Vaccination Record
- Proof of Residency - Two Required (effective September 22, 2020)
- Proof of Residency #1
- Mortgage statement or current lease/rental agreement, OR
- Tax Appraisal Statement which is the most recent tax receipt indicating home ownership, OR
- Other timely documents that indicate the location of residence as approved by the campus principal
- Proof of Residency #2
- Current water, electricity, or gas bill (no telephone bills) indicating the address and the parent/guardian's name (ROISD defines "current" as anything within the last 30 calendar days).
In addition, a legal contract to purchase or build a home within the District shall be accepted as proof of residency. The family has 90 days from the date of enrollment (1st day student attends school) until closing date. If the family does not meet the 90-day criteria, the student shall be withdrawn and/or shall enroll in residing district.
NOTE: In compliance with Policy FD (LOCAL), after a student's initial enrollment, the District shall verify residency through the annual registration forms and may investigate stated residency as necessary.
Texting Documents to An Email Address
Don’t have the requested documents for enrollment or registration at the time the application is submitted?
After submission of the application, take a clear picture of the requested documents and text the picture of the documents to an email address.
- Proof of Residency #1
ROISD Board Policy FD (LEGAL)
When accepting a child for enrollment, a district shall inform the parent or other person enrolling the child that presenting a false document or false records in connection with enrollment is a criminal offense under Penal Code 37.10 (Tampering with Governmental Records) and that enrolling the child under false documents makes the person liable for tuition or other costs as provided below. Education Code 25.002(d)
In addition to the penalty under Penal Code 37.10, a person who knowingly falsifies information on a form required for a student’s enrollment in a district is liable to the district if the student is not eligible for enrollment, but is enrolled on the basis of false information. For the period during which the ineligible student is enrolled, the person is liable for the maximum tuition fee a district may charge [see FDA] or the amount a district has budgeted per student as maintenance and operating expense, whichever is greater. Education Code 25.001(h). A district may include on its enrollment form notice of the legal penalties and liability for falsifying information on the form. Education Code 25.001(i)
The District will investigate and pursue appropriate action for individuals who do not meet the District’s residency criteria and/or falsify residency documentation.
Eligibility requirements for Pre-K is set forth by the State of Texas.
This is the Criteria from the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook for PK:
Children must be four years of age on September 1 of the current school year (September 1, 2019) and must meet one of the following requirements:
- be unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- be educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program [NSLP];
- be homeless; or
- be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- have ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas DFPS (foster care) following an adversary hearing.
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award such as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; or
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
If a four-year-old child does not meet any of the above criteria, the only exception to the eligibility requirements is if the four-year-old was eligible and was served at age three during the previous year in a previous district's three-year-old Pre-Kindergarten program. The three-year-old Pre-K qualifying documentation must be provided from the previous in-state public or charter school district upon enrollment.
Where will my child attend school?
Assignment to a campus is dependent on program schedule and availability. Pre-K campus assignments may not correspond with elementary school attendance zone boundaries. Families will be notified in August of their student’s campus and time.
How do I register?
Follow the instructions above for new student enrollment. After finishing the online process, go to any elementary campus to complete enrollment verification. Be sure to bring originals of the required documents.
For more information about the Pre-Kindergarten program, visit the Curriculum: Pre-Kindergarten website.
CAMPUS CONTACT NAME PHONE NUMBER ROHS Kelli Serna 972-617-3535 ext. 6009 email@example.com ROHS Araceli Ruiz 972-617-3535 ext. 6020 firstname.lastname@example.org ROMS/6GC Nicole Sebring 972-617-0066 ext. 3013 email@example.com DTS Shelly Michael 972-617-4799 ext. 5004 firstname.lastname@example.org EES Claudia Barrientez 972-617-2266 ext. 1504 email@example.com HAW Anna Santoyo 972-617-2977 ext. 2004 firstname.lastname@example.org ROE Priscilla Ruiz 972-617-3523 email@example.com RPS Cristina Gandarilla 972-617-2685 ext. 2516 firstname.lastname@example.org