Substitute Teaching Information
We appreciate your interest in the Red Oak Independent School District. To ensure that your application is given careful and timely consideration, you will need to follow the instructions as written. Your application will have active status for one year from the date on which it is received. Applications and all file data become the property of Red Oak ISD and will become inactive after one year.
View ROISD Substitute Handbook for 2022-2023
Substitute Salary Schedule
Elementary covers grades PreK - 5th; secondary covers grades 6th - 12th
Emergency or hard-to-fill positions may be considered by the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources.
*Substitutes who work for secondary campuses (ROMS and ROHS) will receive an additional $10 per full day.
Please Review These Requirements
- Must have a GED certificate, a High School diploma, Associate, Bachelor, or Masters diploma or transcript. The transcript must state graduation date. If you are a certified teacher, you will need to supply a copy of your SBOE certification. (All foreign transcripts must be equivocated, course by course, through an approved agency.)
- Substitute teachers must be at least 21 years of age to be eligible for high school assignments.
- Only U.S. citizens or aliens legally entitled to work in the United States are eligible for employment.
- Application: please apply online (FastTrack)
Substitutes Are Subject To A Criminal History Record Check
In accordance with Senate Bill 9 all substitutes must be fingerprinted before being allowed to substitute. The cost is $52.20 and paid for by the substitute. If you have already been fingerprinted please submit a copy of your “fast pass” with your application.
The Application - Please Follow These Instructions
Please review the Substitute Teacher Application Process before you apply. Applicants need to use the online system, FastTrack, to submit an application to be a substitute. The following documents will need to be uploaded during the application process:
- Updated resume
- An official diploma or transcript from an accredited school of education
- Three professional references – reference forms and/or letters must be signed and dated within the last year. You may also submit personal references. References may not be from family members.
All information requested must be uploaded and attached to application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Following a successful completion of your application, you will be contacted by the Support Service Specialist of your eligibility. All substitute applicants must pass administrative screening before they can be activated in AESOP, the automated substitute finder system.
If you have any questions about this process or procedure, please contact:
Substitute and Instructional Materials Coordinator
972-617-2941 ext 4174
Human Resource Fax: 972-617-4079