Frequently Asked Questions
If I have previously served as a substitute teacher for Red Oak ISD but was not
active during the past school year, do I need to reapply?
Yes, all substitute teachers who have not been active over the course of a previous school year are automatically removed from the substitute list. You will need to reapply following the substitute teacher hiring process.
Am I eligible for rehire?
As long as you have separated from employment with Red Oak ISD under favorable terms, you should be eligible for rehire.
How long does substitute orientation usually last?
Substitute orientation is a self-paced, online process.
What is the process for substitute teacher application?
In order to apply for a substitute teacher position:
- Application and all supporting documents must arrive together for the application to be considered complete. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Criminal History will be run and uploaded to State Board of Education website.
- Confirmation of fingerprints.
- If you have not already had your fingerprints, an email will be sent to you containing your Fastpass. The fingerprint cost is $50.20 and must be paid by applicant.
- References are confirmed.
- Email link to online orientation to sub applicant.
- Orientation paperwork completed by sub and returned to Human Resource Department.
- Face-to-face meet-n-greet at Human Resource office.