Immunization Requirements - At A Glance
2020-2021 School Year
- 5 doses with one received after the 4th birthday or 4 doses if 4th dose was given on or after the 4th birthday
- 7th grade: booster of Tdap at least 5 years since the last tetanus containing vaccine.
- 8th-12th grades: Tdap required when 10 years have passed since last tetanus containing vaccine.
- 4 doses with one received after the 4th birthday or
- 3 doses if 3rd dose was given on or after the 4th birthday
- 2 doses with 1st dose received after 1st birthday
VACCINE: Hepatitis B
- 3 doses, given at any time after birth. "At Birth" for the 1st date is NOT acceptable. A date must be provided with a health care provider signature or clinic stamp.
- If no history of the disease: Kindergarten-12th grades: 2 doses required.
- 1st dose must be received on or after 1st birthday.
VACCINE: Hepatitis A
- Kindergarten - 11th grades: 2 doses required. 1st dose must be on or after 1st birthday.
- 12th grades: 2 doses recommended, not required.
- 7th-12th grades: One dose quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine required on or after students 11th birthday.
Bold/maroon lettering signifies new changes for 2020-2021.
- Only change for 2020-2021 immunization requirements is the grade range for the required doses of the Hepatitis A vaccine.
TB skin test may be required.
All immunizations records must be validated by a health care provider signature or a clinic stamp.
All immunizations must be current in order for students to register and pick up school schedules.
Foreign vaccination records (except Mexico) must be translated by International Language Services, 501 Elm St., Dallas, TX 75202, 972-783-2500 and a copy of the translated record returned to the school before enrolling.
For more information, go to Texas Depatment of Health Services-Immunization Requirements for School (Requisitos Mínimos de Vacunación del Estado de Texas para estudiantes K-12)