West Nile Virus
ROISD Guidelines and Information
The threat of the West Nile Virus is of utmost concern. Our Support Services Department is monitoring our campuses very closely for standing water and is doing all they can to minimize the threat of West Nile Virus.
Please look at the following guidelines concerning mosquito repellent:
- Parents are encouraged to spray their children with mosquito repellent containing DEET before school so that their children are protected all day.
- Students may bring mosquito repellent (non-aerosol spray preferred) to school with parent permission.
- Students in grades PreK-8 are to bring their repellent to the school nurse to be kept under their supervision.
- Application of mosquito repellent while at school is to be done outside where ventilation is appropriate.
- Students are not allowed to share their mosquito repellent with others.
Visit the Texas Department of State Health Services: West Nile Viris website to learn more.
ROISD is committed to doing all we can to prevent the exposure of our staff, students and community members to the West Nile Virus.