School Board Elections
Election Day: Saturday, May 1, 2021
BALLOT POSITION DRAWING RESULTS
This is the order in which the candidates’ names will appear on the May 1, 2021 General Election Ballot for the Red Oak I.S.D. School Board Trustee Election.
Ernie Andrew Amaton
These are the results from the February 22, 2021 Ballot Position Drawing held at 10:00 a.m. at the Red Oak I.S.D. Education Service Center, 109 West Red Oak Road, Red Oak, Texas 75154. Brenda Sanford, Superintendent, conducted the drawing.
To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, the office of the school board member, a person must:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable.
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot.
- For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in.
- For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made.
- Be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described at item 5, above.
- Satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
Form, Content, and Procedure:
An application for a place on the ballot must be in writing; signed, sworn to by the candidate before a person authorized to administer an oath, and dated; timely filed with the district's filing authority (Red Oak ISD's Superintendent Administrative Assistant); and contain specified information about the candidate:
- the candidate's name, date of birth, and occupation;
- the candidate's residence address or the address at which the candidate receives mail with a description of the location of the candidate's residence;
- the candidate's length of continuous residence in Texas and in the district as of the date the candidate swears to the application;
- in available, a public mailing address and email address at which the candidate receives correspondence relating to the candidate's campaign;
- the office sought, including any place or other distinguishing number and an indication of whether the office sought is for a full or unexpired term;
- statements that the candidate is a U.S. citizen; has not been determined by a court to be mentally incapacitated; has not been convicted of a felony; is aware of the nepotism law; and swears an oath to support and defend the U.S. and Texas Constitutions and laws.
All measures above can be satisfied upon completion of the Red Oak ISD candidate packet which can be picked up from the Superintendent's Administrative Assistant.
For more information:
- Ellis County Official Website - Elected Officials Candidate Information
- Ellis County Official Website - Upcoming Elections Information
- Ellis County Official Website - Individual Sample Ballots
- Health Protocols for Elections in Ellis County
- Election Night Results
- BBA (LEGAL) Eligibility/Qualification
- BBBA (LEGAL) Conducting Elections
- Texas Secretary of State: Election page
- Ballot Position Drawing Results
- Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot
(Aviso del sorteo para un lugar en la boleta)
- Notice of Deadline to File Application - Regular Election
(Aviso de fecha límite para presentar la solicitud de elección regular)
- Order of General Election for Red Oak Independent School District
(Acuerdo para Convocar a Elección General del Distrito Escolar Independiente de Red Oak)