ROISD Grab & Go Meal Program
Updated March 30, 2020
Following new guidance from the United States Department of Agriculture and the Texas Department of Agriculture, we are now able to distribute meals to parents/guardians without the child present in the vehicle. If you have children 18 and under in the vehicle, they will continue to receive a meal without any documentation necessary.
Red Oak ISD Students
Red Oak ISD is sending a document to each currently enrolled student which will serve as your verification at meal distribution WITHOUT your student(s). Please print out the email which includes the student’s name, ID #, and campus and be prepared to show it at the pick-up site.
Non-Red Oak ISD Children
If your child is under 18, but NOT a ROISD student and not in the vehicle, you may bring alternate verification to the meal distribution site. Please bring ONE of the following documents for verification:
- Birth certificate for each child – OR
- Report card from the school for each child - OR
- Attendance record from the school that includes the children’s names
For all children 18 and under, either in the vehicle or verified, you will receive breakfasts and lunches. You are reminded you may visit ONLY one meal distribution site per day.
Starting Thursday, April 2, meal distribution days will change to limit exposure of both families and those preparing and distributing the meals. Red Oak ISD will hand out meals on Mondays and Thursdays following USDA guidelines to cover the other days. We will be closed starting this Friday, so please make plans to pick up your meals Thursday and then again on Monday.
- Mondays – 10:30 a.m. to noon (Lunches for Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday; Breakfasts for Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday)
- Thursday – 10:30 a.m. to noon (Lunches for Thursday & Friday; Breakfasts for Friday & Monday)
- Eastridge Elementary – 725 E. Ovilla Rd.
- Russell P. Schupmann Elementary – 401 E. Ovilla Rd.
- Red Oak Middle School – 154 Louise Ritter Blvd.
If you have questions regarding meals and distribution, please contact Vicki Ybarra at Victoria.Ybarra@redoakisd.org.
We thank each of our parents and area families for your patience during these trying times. We are working with dozens of local, state, and federal entities to best serve you and our students. We miss seeing our students’ smiling faces and look forward to being together again soon!