College and Career Headquarters
The Red Oak ISD College and Career Headquarters is a valuable resource for Red Oak High School students and families. Check the site often for updates and added scholarships. Whether a student is interested in 2 or 4 year college or a trade school, this site will provide helpful financial support opportunities.
Websites and resources to help search for colleges, scholarships and more:
- The website of the school that you are applying to.
- Up-to-Date Scholarship Opportunities;Scholarships;Scholarships
- Red Oak High School Scholarship List
- Red Oak High School Local Scholarship List
- College Board
- College For All Texans -TAFSA application
- Scholarship Search
- Online Nursing Programs Guide
- Healthcare Career Guide
- RaiseMe - can start as early as 9th grade to apply for micro-scholarships!
- Student Scholarships
- LNESC - League of United Latin American Citizens
- Latino and Hispanic Scholarships
- Asian and Pacific Islander Scholarships
- College Scorecard
College Application Platform
- Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program (TASSP)
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation - rolling admissions scholarship for children of Marines going to Technical schools
- Army ROTC Scholarship
- Air Force ROTC Scholarship
- Texas Career Check
- Texas Reality Check
- Texas Genuine - career assessment
- My Next Move - career assessment
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - career information
- Work In Texas - job database for Texans
College and Career Resources for students with disabilities:
Federal Student Aid Resources:
U.S. Department of Education has a Federal Student Aid website with information about preparing for college, types of aid and eligibility, the FAFSA process, and other resources. Check with your college for specific FAFSA deadlines and other financial assistance programs. Remember to fill the FAFSA out as soon as possible.
*New state law (HB3) states that beginning with students enrolled in 12th grade during the 2021-2022 school year student must do one of the following: 1) Complete and submit FAFSA, 2) Complete and submit TASFA, 3) Submit a signed opt-out form.
Here's the FAFSA website: FAFSA application
For more information or questions: contact the Red Oak High School counseling office at 972-617-3535