ROHS Writing Center
Welcome to the Red Oak High School Writing Center
The Writing Center is open during Talon Time on Wednesdays and after school on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 4:30 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. in room 213. Bring your papers, bring your USB drives, but most importantly, bring yourself! Talon Time requires an appointment, but after school service is first come, first served.
Our peer tutors work to encourage and enable students of all skill-levels to succeed in writing. Our consultants are trained to help students in one-on-one sessions.
Come to the center if:
- You have been advised to seek extra help in planning, drafting, or revising a piece of writing
- You wish to improve your writing skills in any situation
- You would like help on non-class assignments, like a college essay
- You would like to learn how to locate and use writing resources for yourself
We are eager and happy to help explain assignments, explore ideas, organize essays, and strategize revisions. We also help with challenging aspects of writing a paper, such as organizational, stylistic, mechanical, and grammatical issues.
Come meet our wonderful team pictured here:
- Ask you questions to focus your ideas and strengthen your writing
- Send you out with helpful resources (e.g. thesis development, citation style handouts/links, grammar rules)
- Guide you toward developing and retaining strong writing skills
- Focus on the importance and success of the writing process
- Provide verbal and written feedback
- Answer any questions you have about writing
- Write your paper for you
- Intimidate or insult you
- Proofread/edit for you
- Guarantee any particular grade on your work
- Read dropped off work
- Print things for you