ROMS National Junior Honor Society
ROMS NJHS NOTICE:
If you are a 6th - 8th grader that received an application to become a member of ROMS NJHS chapter, the NJHS application process will resume in the Fall of the 2020-2021 school year. If you have a completed application, you may email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, please wait to be notified at the beginning of next school year.
The National Junior Honor Society strives to recognize the total student - one who excels in all of these areas.
The standards used to determine selection are:
- Scholarship - Students must have a cumulative average of 90 or above (85 in High School Credit Classes) cumulative – Semester grades from all courses taken since entering middle school are averaged.
- Service- This involves voluntary contributions made by a student to the school or community, done without compensation. Selection is determined if two or more community service activities were fulfilled.
- Leadership - Student leaders are those who are resourceful, good problem solvers, and idea contributors. Leadership experiences can be drawn from school or community activities while working with or for others. Selection is determined if more than one leadership position is fulfilled.
- Character- The student of good character is cooperative; demonstrates high standards of honesty and reliability; shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others; and generally maintains a clean disciplinary record.
- Citizenship - The student who demonstrates citizenship understands the importance of civic engagement; has a high regard for freedom and justice; respects the U.S. form of government (a representative democracy); respects the law for all citizens at the local, state, and federal levels; and demonstrates mature participation and responsibility in activities such as scouting, community organizations, or school clubs.
Selection Process: A faculty council is assembled to objectively review applications to determine if students meet the high standards of each of the five pillars.
Service Projects: Members must maintain 20 volunteer hours per school year.
Email Kendal Newton
For more information, please view the NJHS By-Laws