Red Oak ISD offers both full-day and half-day Pre-K, to qualified students, in both English and Spanish.
Classes for 2021-2022
7:25 - 10:40 a.m. Morning Class (Regular) @ Red Oak Elementary
11:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Afternoon Class (Regular) @ Red Oak Elementary
7:25 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Full-Day Classes (Regular) @ Red Oak Elementary
For information, please visit Pre-K & Kindergarten Roundup site.
Eligibility requirements for Pre-K are set forth by the State of Texas.
This is the Criteria from the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook for PK:
Children must be four years of age on September 1 of the current school year and must meet one of the following requirements:
- be unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- be educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program [NSLP]; or
- be homeless; or
- be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- have ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas DFPS (foster care) following an adversary hearing.
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award, such as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; or
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
If a four-year-old child does not meet any of the above criteria, the only exception to the eligibility requirements is if the four-year-old was eligible and was served at age three during the previous year in a previous district's three-year-old Pre-Kindergarten program. The three-year-old Pre-K qualifying documentation must be provided from the previous in-state public or charter school district upon enrollment.
In Red Oak ISD we believe in providing a quality Pre-Kindergarten experience. We believe that families play a large part in the success of the students. As a result, we strive to provide resources that will foster a positive relationship between the parent and the school.
How do I register?
Follow the instructions on the New Student Enrollment site. After finishing the online process, go to any elementary campus to complete enrollment verification. Be sure to bring originals of the required documents. To learn more about the state requirements, visit
TEA website -Texas Pre-Kindergarten Guidelines
For more information on Red Oak ISD's Early Childhood Program, please contact the Home Campus.