Red Oak ISD Offers Half-Day Pre-Kindergarten/Early Childhood at all elementary campuses. Hours vary between campuses.
2019-2020 class schedule:
7:40 - 10:55 a.m. AM class @ Red Oak Elementary
11:55 - 3:10 p.m. PM class @ Red Oak Elementary
Online enrollment will be open on Monday, May 4 for the 2020-2021 school year!
Updated FAQs and additional information coming April 27.
Red Oak ISD plans to offer both full-day and half-day Pre-K in both English and Spanish. The full-day program, new for the 2020-21 school year, will hold a lottery for interested students. While we will attempt to place all half-day students in their neighborhood school, the Pre-K program will overflow to other campuses based on numbers.
Eligibility requirements for Pre-K are set forth by the State of Texas.
This is the Criteria from the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook for PK:
Children must be four years of age on September 1 of the current school year (September 1, 2020, for 2020-2021 school year) and must meet one of the following requirements:
- be unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- be educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program [NSLP]; or
- be homeless; or
- be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- have ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas DFPS (foster care) following an adversary hearing.
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award such as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; or
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
If a four year old child does not meet any of the above criteria, the only exception to the eligibility requirements is if the four year old was eligible and was served at age three during the previous year in a previous district's three year old Pre-Kindergarten program. The three year old Pre-K qualifying documentation must be provided from the previous in-state public or charter school district upon enrollment.
In Red Oak ISD we believe in providing a quality Pre-Kindergarten experience. We believe that families play a large part in the success of the students. As a result, we strive to provide resources that will foster a positive relationship between the parent and the school.
Where will my child attend school?
Assignment to a campus is dependent on program schedule and availability. Pre-K campus assignments may not correspond with elementary school attendance zone boundaries. Families will be notified in August of their student's campus and time.
How do I register?
Follow the instructions on the New Student Enrollment site. After finishing the online process, go to any elementary campus to complete enrollment verification. Be sure to bring originals of the required documents.
To learn more about the state requirements visit TEA website -Texas Pre-Kindergarten Guidelines
For more information on Red Oak ISD's Early Childhood Program, please contact the Curriculum Department