It is my pleasure to welcome you to Wooden Elementary! I LOVE being an elementary school counselor. This is where the action is!
As a professional school counselor at Wooden Elementary, I am dedicated to empowering EVERY student to achieve academic success, personal growth, social growth, and emotional well-being. By providing a comprehensive counseling program, all of the needs and goals of all our students are addressed. Collaborating with teachers, I inspire students to be fair, empathic, responsible, respectful, caring, and productive citizens.
I love teaching our Emotional Growth Lessons to all of our classes in a large group setting. Every class receives an Emotional Growth Lesson each week!
Our Emotional Growth lesson topics include:
- Growth Mindset
- Personal Safety
- Red Ribbon Week
- Bullying Awareness
- College & Career Readiness
- Being a Good Friend
- Test Anxiety
Red Oak ISD Guidance/Character Topics:
- August/September--Introduction/Respect (1% Better/Prepared)
- Bullying within the 1st grading period--Elementary
- October--Good Citizenship/School Pride (GRIT/Challenges)
- November/December--Gratitude (REACH/We Before Me--December)
- January--Trustworthy/Integrity (1% Better/Prepared)
- February--Responsibility (Grit/Challenges)
- March--Fairness/Caring (REACH/Character)
- April/May--Courage (Service/We Before Me)
I am available to help with short-term counseling interventions for things such as anxiety, fear, worries, school resistance, and family issues. If it is an issue that cannot be solved short-term, I am happy to refer your student to a qualified professional counselor/therapist.
My job also includes individual counseling and small group counseling. I head the 504 committee and serve on the School Leadership Team, and the School Improvement Plan Committee. I am also over referrals for SpEd testing.
I am here to help all students, parents, and teachers. If I can serve you or assist you in any area, please feel free to contact me.
Wishing everyone a truly blessed year full of opportunity, success, and much happiness!