Red Oak ISD Offers Early Childhood/Half-Day Pre-Kindergarten at all elementary campuses. Hours vary between campuses.
2018-2019 class schedule:
7:40 - 10:55 a.m. AM class @ Wooden Elementary (Bilingual)
11:55 - 3:10 p.m. PM class @ Wooden Elementary (Bilingual)
Eligibility requirements set forth by the State of Texas include:
Children must be four years of age by September 1, 2017, and fit at least one of the following criteria:
- Limited English Proficient; or
- Eligible for free or reduced lunch; or
- Homeless; or
- Currently or formerly in a foster care system; or
- Child of a member of the U.S. Armed Forces (members of a reserved component are included if assigned to active duty by proper authority); or
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, firefighter, or an emergency medical first responder.
In Red Oak ISD we believe in providing a quality Pre-Kindergarten experience. We believe that families play a large part in the success of the students. As a result, we strive to provide resources that will foster a positive relationship between the parent and the school.
Where will my child attend school?
Assignment to a campus is dependent on program schedule and availability. Pre-K campus assignments may not correspond with elementary school attendance zone boundaries. Families will be notified in August of their student's campus and time.
How do I register?
Follow the instructions on the New Student Enrollment site. After finishing the online process, go to any elementary campus to complete enrollment verification. Be sure to bring originals of the required documents
To learn more about the state requirements visit TEA website -Texas Pre-Kindergarten Guidelines
For more information on Red Oak ISD's Early Childhood Program, please contact the Curriculum Department