First Two Weeks
- You may walk students in the building and to their classroom the first week of school. After the first week, you may walk your student into the foyer; however, the students will need to walk to class independently. We will have staff members to help walk students to class if needed.
- There will be no visitors for lunch for the first 2 weeks of school. This time will be used to help students learn lunchroom procedures and make friends with other students in class.
- Students may be dropped off no earlier than 6:50 a.m. If they arrive that early, they will have to wait in the foyer of the building until 7:00 a.m. Breakfast is served from 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- Parents are not permitted in the building prior to 7:15 a.m. Office hours are 7:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- All cars dropping students off in the mornings should enter the parking lot from the west entrance on Ovilla Road and drop students off in front of the building. There will be 2 drop off lanes only. Please do not make 3 lanes for safety reasons.
- You MUST have a pick-up card if you are going to pick up any student after school. If you do not have a pick-up card, you will be asked to park and enter the front office and show your driver’s license. This may seem inconvenient, but safety is our first priority.
- All Kindergarten students and their siblings that are going home by car will be picked up on Cole Road (west side of building). All 1st-5th grade students will be picked up in the front of the school. Please do not cut in front of cars that have been patiently waiting!
- Please know that we will not be able to have students waiting in the office if you are coming to get them during the school day. To protect all instructional time, students will not be called out of class until you come into the office to check them out.
- If you have to come inside the building to pick up a student at dismissal, please know that they will not be released from the front office until 3:30 p.m.
- If there are any changes to how your child is going home in the afternoon, please call the office no later than 2:30 p.m.
- If you are dropping off items for your student during the school day, you may leave them on the blue table that is located in the foyer. We know that your time is valuable, so please utilize this “Express Lane”. There will be a form provided for you to write their name and homeroom teacher. The office will check this table throughout the day and deliver items/lunches to students.