What does a school counselor do?
The school counselor’s job includes:
• Counsel individuals and small groups of students to meet identified needs.
• Deliver the guidance curriculum and assist teachers with the school’s guidance curriculum.
• Consult with parents, teachers, and other staff regarding concerns about students’ needs.
• Coordinate people and resources in the community for the benefit of students.
• Participate in planning, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling program to serve all students.
• Know about and adhere to the ethical, legal, and professional standards of the counseling profession.