- Red Oak Elementary
ROISD Academic AID Jan. 4-7
We are through the first two grading periods and have reopened campuses to parents, volunteers and guests! Things are starting to feel a little bit more like normal and we appreciate all of Hawk Nation for supporting your ISD the past 21 months during this pandemic.
We have made each decision with the safety and educational needs of our students as the primary goal. As we return to normal, we also know we have learning gaps that need to be addressed. ROISD, along with House Bill 4545 guidance, has provided additional tutoring this fall, but we have some students who need more targeted intervention.
Specifically, any ROISD student in current grades 4-12 who Did Not Meet standards on the state assessments (STAAR) last year will be required to attend the Academic Accelerated Instruction Days (AID) from Tuesday, January 4 through Friday, January 7. During Academic AID, students will receive intense, targeted academic intervention to prepare them to pass the spring tests!
Academic AID Information:
- Parents and guardians will be contacted directly by your child’s school if they will be required to attend.
- You can review your students STAAR results online at – texasassessment.gov
- Use your child’s access code, or First name and SSN or S-Number to access their results
- A small subsection of 10-12th graders may be exempt if they pass the December administration of a previously failed EOC test.
- Students in PreK through 3rd grade who did not test last year DO NOT attend school Jan. 4-7. They will return from winter break on Monday, January 10. (Retained 3rd graders are an exception)
- Students in 4th through 12th grade who passed all tests required with either Approaches, Meets, or Masters results DO NOT attend school Jan. 4-7. They will return from winter break on Monday, January 10.
- For those required to attend, buses will run normal routes, breakfast and lunch will be available.
Our message this year is to Reunite and Refocus – we will work diligently to educate every child and accelerate learning to close COVID learning loss. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your campus directly or you may e-mail the district at email@example.com.
Brenda Sanford, Superintendent
Red Oak ISD