- Red Oak Elementary
Red Oak ISD Fall 2020 Activity Plans
After much discussion, the district has determined the following decisions for Fall 2020 campus and district activities. The goal is to maintain health and safety procedures for campuses and do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19. The decision to postpone or cancel many events was not easily made. We know we want ‘normalcy’ but we must be responsible for providing a safe environment for our students, staff, families, and community.
We will continue to evaluate future events and provide updates as they become available.
The current decision is for gatherings through October, or as noted.
- Schools shall not host events or activities that combine classes or invite outside community members or parents to attend a function on campus. This includes pep rallies, concerts, show-n-tell, book fairs, etc. Especially indoor functions (not UIL scheduled) with limited ability to social distance.
- It is encouraged for campuses to re-scheduled activities for the spring when possible.
- Campuses may host virtual or Zoom parent gatherings such as Coffee with the Principal, etc.
Campus Extra-Curricular/UIL Activities:
- All UIL-sanctioned and scheduled events such as athletic games, region band contests, and choir will be governed by UIL guidelines and timelines. Events will have limited public attendance and participation will be limited to essential students and staff only.
- Home varsity football games will be broadcast online (internet) through Sportsgram (as allowed by UIL this year) and FREE to viewers. We encourage our fans to watch safely from their homes!
- For those who do attend, seating will be marked as available and not-available, all general admission, and on a first-come, first-seated basis. Extra staff will be on hand to ensure social distancing compliance.
- All guests and participants (sponsors, coaches, and students) must wear a mask or face covering, including: on ALL district (or contracted) transportation, when entering and exiting buildings, in the stands, and on sidelines or benches where feasible. Active participants are not required to wear a mask on the field or court.
- Travel to away games will be limited to on-field or on-court participants and at the discretion of the sponsor. At this time, that means away games will only include the football team, managers, athletic trainers, and cheer, if they elect to attend. Band and drill will not travel to away games due to seating in the stands.
- District facilities will be only for ROISD functions at this time.
- The district will not host any large gatherings, but will instead seek alternatives such as drive-thru events, drop-offs, social media events, or virtual gatherings.
- This includes the 2020 Homecoming and Pep Rally.
- Red Oak High School will be hosting a Drive Thru Pep Rally on Friday, October 2 from 1-2 p.m. were guests can drive around the high school facility and band, drill, cheer, teams and clubs will line the walkways. More details to come!
- We will announce the homecoming court and crown the king and queen at the football pre-game. We can social distance at the stadium, instead of the gym, with limited risk of exposure.
- Distinguished Alumni can still be honored at halftime on the field and social media, but we will not be able to accommodate the group in the press box.
- The Education Foundation is hosting a virtual Handbags for Hawks, and the golf tournament will follow local city orders.
- Education Foundation Partner’s Days and Colors for Caring Days will still be recognized so they can wear their shirts in support.
- Hawktoberfest, Brookshire’s Pep Rally, and the in-person Fall Senior Citizen’s Luncheon are canceled. For our senior citizens, are working on a special gift card donation and mailer.
- Virtual College Fair scheduled for September 23 (still a special college shirt day!)
- Virtual Candidate Forum scheduled for October 8 by the Council of PTAs and Red Oak Area Chamber.
- The Red Oak Community Advisory Council will start back in September on a virtual basis, while the Community Partners Academy has been canceled for this year.
- Red Oak Founder’s Day and Gal, along with other community gatherings, have been canceled.
- Chamber Luncheons are being held virtually at this time.
*Subject to change; not an exclusive listing of activities. Contact your campus or the district for specific inquires.