Online enrollment is open!
Red Oak ISD plans to offer both full-day and half-day Pre-K, to qualified students, in both English and Spanish. The full-day program, new for the 2020-21 school year and held at Schupmann Elementary, will hold a lottery for interested students. If you wish to be considered for the lottery, you must be enrolled and qualified for Pre-K BEFORE 3:30 p.m. on THURSDAY, JULY 23. While we will attempt to place all half-day students in their neighborhood school, the Pre-K program will overflow to other campuses based on numbers, on a first-come-first-served basis.
Please enroll online at New Student Enrollment. If you need assistance with the on-line enrollment system for Pre-K, we are currently scheduling appointments for JULY 20 and 21. Appointments will be held by appointment ONLY due to Coronavirus restrictions. Please call Becky Waller at 972-617-2941 to schedule an appointment.
Eligibility requirements for Pre-K are set forth by the State of Texas.
This is the Criteria from the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook for PK:
Children must be four years of age on September 1 of the current school year (September 1, 2020) and must meet one of the following requirements:
- be unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- be educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program [NSLP];
- be homeless; or
- be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- have ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas DFPS (foster care) following an adversary hearing.
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award such
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; or
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
If a four-year-old child does not meet any of the above criteria, the only exception to the eligibility requirements is if the four-year-old was eligible and was served at age three during the previous year in a previous district's three-year-old Pre-Kindergarten program. The three-year-old Pre-K qualifying documentation must be provided from the previous in-state public or charter school district upon enrollment.
Where will my child attend school?
Assignment to a campus is dependent on program schedule and availability. Pre-K campus assignments may not correspond with elementary school attendance zone boundaries. Families will be notified in August of their student’s campus and time.
How do I register and what do I need?
New Student Online Enrollment (NSOE) for 2020-2021 school year will open for all new students PK-12th grade beginning May 4. Be sure to choose the correct school year: 2020-2021 and NOT 2019-2020.
Online Enrollment Process
- Only students who are legal residents of Red Oak ISD and between the ages of 5-21 (as of September 1st) are eligible for enrollment into ROISD.
- Complete the Online New Student Registration process.
- Choose your option below.
- Uploaded enrollment and/or eligibility documentation must be presented for verification in person, on campus, at a later date. Dates and times will be provided as soon as they are available.
OPTION 1: NEW ROISD FAMILY
- Use this option when your family is NEW to the District and does not have a Family Access login.
- Request a login account using a valid email address. You may obtain a free email account through services such as Yahoo, Google or Hotmail.
- Your login and password will be sent to this email address.
- Use the link in the email to log in and begin the process.
- To request a login account, go to the Skyward New Student Enrollment site.
OPTION 2: EXISTING FAMILY ACCESS USER (previous student moving back to district)
- Log into to Skyward Family Access
- Select New Student Online Enrollment
Documents to Bring to Campus at a Later Date (or if able, upload into the online portal)
- Parent’s Driver’s License or Texas ID Card
- Student’s Proof of Identity
- Immunization/Vaccination Record
- Proof of Residency - Two Required (effective September 22, 2020)
- Proof of Residency #1
- Mortgage statement or current lease/rental agreement, OR
- Tax Appraisal Statement which is the most recent tax receipt indicating home ownership, OR
- Other timely documents that indicate the location of residence as approved by the campus principal
- Proof of Residency #2
- Current water, electricity, or gas bill (no telephone bills) indicating the address and the parent/guardian's name (ROISD defines "current" as anything within the last 30 calendar days).
In addition, a legal contract to purchase or build a home within the District shall be accepted as proof of residency. The family has 90 days from the date of enrollment (1st day student attends school) until closing date. If the family does not meet the 90-day criteria, the student shall be withdrawn and/or shall enroll in residing district.
Additional documents for other qualifiers:
- Income Qualifiers (One of the following)
- Current paycheck stub
- Current TANF or SNAP eligibility letter
- Language Qualifiers
- Fill out Home Language Survey (provided by school)
- Language test will be administered to the child
- Military Qualifiers (One of the following)
- Verification of U.S. Department of Defense photo I.D.
- Statement of service
- Copy of death certificate
- Copy of Purple Heart orders and the line of duty determination documentation
- Copy of official letter from commander
- Copy of a letter from US Dept. of Veteran's Affairs
- Foster Care Qualifiers
- Verification letter of Prekindergarten Eligibility from DFPS or 2085E and 2085FC Forms
- Copy of the resolution (certificate) awarded to an individual
Texting Documents to An Email Address
Don’t have the requested documents for enrollment or registration at the time the application is submitted?
After submission of the application, take a clear picture of the requested documents and text the picture of the documents to an email address.
- Instructions for Texting Documents to an Email Address
ROISD Board Policy FD (LEGAL)
When accepting a child for enrollment, a district shall inform the parent or other person enrolling the child that presenting a false document or false records in connection with enrollment is a criminal offense under Penal Code 37.10 (Tampering with Governmental Records) and that enrolling the child under false documents makes the person liable for tuition or other costs as provided below. Education Code 25.002(d)
In addition to the penalty under Penal Code 37.10, a person who knowingly falsifies information on a form required for a student’s enrollment in a district is liable to the district if the student is not eligible for enrollment, but is enrolled on the basis of false information. For the period during which the ineligible student is enrolled, the person is liable for the maximum tuition fee a district may charge [see FDA] or the amount a district has budgeted per student as maintenance and operating expense, whichever is greater. Education Code 25.001(h). A district may include on its enrollment form notice of the legal penalties and liability for falsifying information on the form. Education Code 25.001(i)
The District will investigate and pursue appropriate action for individuals who do not meet the District’s residency criteria and/or falsify residency documentation.
- Proof of Residency #1